Future Investment Initiative 2018
From 23 Oct 2018 To 25 Oct 2018
Under the Patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, and the leadership of HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, the Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister, Chairman of the Council of Economic and Development Affairs and Chairman of the Public Investment Fund (PIF), PIF has announced the second Future Investment Initiative (FII), which will take place from October 23rd to 25th in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
FII 2018 will bring together renowned visionaries with the power to shape the future of global investment to discuss three broad themes:
- Investing in Transformation – focusing on how the world’s top investors are creating new cities and transforming economies;
- Technology as Opportunity – considering how technologies are enabling new economic opportunities through personalisation and industrialisation at scale; and
- Advancing Human Potential – looking at a world where humans and machines work together to create safer, more productive and happier lives.
The programme for FII 2018 will include:
- Expert-led debates and discussions to explore the world’s most important economic trends;
- Three summits looking at new healthcare frontiers, immersive technologies and the urban future;
- Twelve cross-sector taskforces designed to explore emerging business and investment trends, and early-stage growth opportunities.
The technology-related topics to be addressed during the event's workshop include:
- Connect - AI-driven autonomous vehicles, corporate investments, and large-scale infrastructure re-imagining the way the world moves
- Intelligence - Machine learning and cognitive computing that positions smart machines at the center of business and investment decisions
- Life - Breakthrough health-tech innovations and their impact on the future of healthcare investments
- Money - Transformational technologies and platforms reinventing commerce for the twenty-first century
- Play - Immersive experiences, business models, and visionaries changing the way the world is entertained
- The Future Investment Initiative (FII) is an international platform for expert-led debate between global leaders, investors and innovators with the power to shape the future of global investment. It is focused on utilizing investment to drive growth opportunities, enable innovation and disruptive technologies, and address global challenges.
Launched to promote global collaboration, FII has already fostered new partnerships that will help transform industries in Saudi Arabia and globally. The 2017 edition saw future initiatives announced with Blackstone, SoftBank, Virgin Galactic, The Spaceship Company and Virgin Orbit.
The inaugural event in 2017 saw over 3,800 participants from more than 90 countries join in the discussions to explore future developments in the world economy. This included government leaders, CEOs of some of the world’s top companies and emerging players, and a wide range of experts. In total, speakers controlled US $25 trillion in assets under management.
The second edition of FII will continue building active, global networks of influential decision makers to explore the emerging industries that will shape the global economy and investment landscape over the coming decades.
The Future Investment Initiative is being organized in the context of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, the ambitious blueprint that is already charting the path for the Kingdom to harness its strong investment capabilities and use its unique strategic location to become a global investment hub connecting three continents.