ITU Telecom World 2019
From 09 Sep 2019 To 12 Sep 2019
Decision-makers from across the tech industry and from governments across the globe will come together from 9-12 September at Hungexpo, Budapest, Hungary to exhibit, debate, network and reward innovation at ITU Telecom World 2019, the leading United Nations (represented by ITU) global technology event for governments, corporates and small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Key highlights include:
- Forum sessions will provide international perspectives and expert opinions on topics spanning Digital integrity: values and principles of the digital future; Future skills for a future world: reforming education systems to evolve with technology; 5G testbeds: laying the groundwork for smart cities; The network operator of 2025; Driving diversity by design: mitigating gender bias in AI; Regulatory dialogue: spectrum challenges ahead of WRC-19, amongst a host of others (see full programme).
- Influential speakers: Under the theme “Innovating together: connectivity that matters," the Forum will convene expert speakers including Lise Fuhr, Director General, ETNO; Francis Gurry, Director General, WIPO; Jeremy Godfrey –Chair of the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC 2019); Elisabeth Medou, Senior VP, Africa and Indian Ocean, Orange; Daniel Pataki, Vice President, Policy and Regulation, GSMA; Marc Vancoppenolle, Global Head of Government Relations, Nokia and many more (see speaker line-up).
- A global exhibition of cutting-edge tech solutions comprising countries, regions, top tech brands and high-growth tech SMEs. Look out for showcases spanning AI in action to live 5G demos plus innovation, talent and investment opportunities from around the world.
- The ITU Telecom World Awards programme, which seeks out and rewards innovative tech solutions with real social impact from SMEs and large companies alike, culminating in the winners' announcement on the last day of the event. A special SME programme of masterclasses, mentorship, pitching and networking also aims to support and foster SME business growth.
- The event acts as a high-level networking hub, including a business matchmaking service for corporates, governments and SMEs, social events and the event app.
- On the final day of the event will be “Internet Generation Day" — a programme of interactive workshops, demos, competitions and more, especially designed for university students, young entrepreneurs and innovators from Hungary and the region. Carefully curated by Hungary's leading incubators, accelerators, academia and innovation hubs, the programme is open to all. Topics to be explored will include robotics, artificial intelligence, blockchain and fintech.