1. Digital transformation lies at the heart of Vision 2030
- In the 21st century, data is the new oil and digital technology will drive the realisation of Vision 2030.
- A thriving economy means a digital economy. A vibrant society means a digital society. An ambitious nation means a digital nation.
- But it all depends on building a strong digital foundation.
- By 2030, the vision is a transformed nation: the leading regional incubator for innovation and a global leader at the cutting edge of R&D.
- A digital Saudi Arabia cannot be delivered by government alone. It must be done in partnership with the private sector, young people and new entrepreneurs.
- The MCIT will lay the foundation for a digital transformation and create the conditions to make partnerships possible.
- The MCIT places citizens at the heart of its approach. We will put people first.
- We will access and foster the collective effort, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit of the Saudi people to create a digital nation.
- We will develop new public services and support new industries that fully reflect the opportunities of the digital age, from smart cities to healthcare, robotics to education.
- We will deliver on our vision through a considered, carefully thought out step-by-step plan.
- We will not realise our vision overnight, but with consistent application and support from the entire sector, we will succeed.